28/10/2012

Tallinn Fashion Week 404...

Don't make a disc, print t-shirts or something instead

This weekend was about three events. The Tallinn Fashion Week, Apartment 404 and the ending of Artishok Bienalle at EKKM. I wandered into all of them half accidentally. Read on and also make sure to come to Genklubi this Friday to see my DJ set.

If your friend doesn't want to dance then just rub your crotch to his head.

It all started on Friday when I was dragged to EKKM for the Artishok Biennale end party. I didn't mind because Kiwanoid was playing his robotic live there and it had been a while since I had been to one of it's nights. If you've never been, but want to get a feel or just to remind yourself, then here's a short clip about it.


I was just kicking it on Saturday, until another friend who is leaving Estonia gave me a call. I can't even count all the people we've sent abroad since summer there have been around twenty of them. He invited me over to Telliskivi to go to an underground party, which later turned out to be tech house.

Kiwa Noid starting his robotic electro live at EKKM.

But as I got over there I ended up in the middle of Tallinn Fashion Week. People were out between the shows of Liisi Eesmaa and Aldo Järvsoo. There was nothing else to do than to somehow get into the show without paying 8€ for it. In the end we concluded that probably no one had paid the ticket.

Fahionistas between the Fashion week shows.

I started going through the ten ways to get into a party and thought of using the method number one to get in. I was calling a friend to ask if she had a spare +1 while standing in front of the door. A lady turned to me and told me she had a +1 and I could get in with her. I didn't think twice and took the opportunity.

The fashion show at Telliskivi.

It was crowded inside and I couldn't see too much of the show, but I saw enough. It was a parade of grays, whites with patterns and an occasional black passed by. It was the show by Aldo Järvsoo. The part that most impressed the crowd, was when the last models skirt had such a steep cut that her ass was showing. People were clapping and whistling for her.

Another project by Taavi Tulev with Jaan Tätte Jr on the left and Mari on the right.

Next stop was Apartment 404. It was the birthday party for Okeiko, who is a local designer and illustrator. The whole party was broadcasted live to the internet. The line-up included Hendrik Kaljujärv, whose lives are pure magic, a project by Taavi Tulev (I didn't catch the name) and possibly a Krishna Dj who ended the event. At some point we blocked two cameras with signs that sent greetings to our friend Henry who was watching from France.

Is there a better way  to end the night than lying on the carpet listening to a Krishna Dj play Prodigy.

The event had a special aura to it that I haven't encountered in last years. As it turns out there were 1000 people watching the night altogether and at peak time there were 100 simultaneous watchers.

This is how we ended our night at 3:30 on Friday night.
See you soon, I'm playing a set next Friday at Genklubi in Tartu.
Barthol