03/11/2012

Shooting around Tartu


What the hell is this horse song? The Röövel Ööbik stuff, it's damn good horsemode

Hey, hey!
I've spent most of my week in my Tartu studio, working on the tracks for the coming EP. At the moment there's also a track with vocals that I'm working on. For some of you it's the end of a long wait for some vocals. Apart from producing I went to a shoot of a TV show and played a sad set on Friday. More on that.

Kiwa, Mihkel Raud, my knee and the girls.

On Wednesday we went to Kink Konk, as Kuukulgur was filming a Tartu scene there. Such local celebrities as Rain Tolk, Andres Maimik and Mihkel Raud were present. The scene was something about a bunch of writers hanging with honnies in Tartu. The most interesting part was when Mihkel Raud had to be kissed by 3 girls in a row.

A shot they kept doing over and over again.

The sucky part was that we were supposed to be quiet, but act like we were talking and interacting at a bar. Ain't nobody got time for that! I got in a closer shot as well so you might keep your eyes opened for it when the show comes out.

Transformer Santa Claus with overeager children.

On Friday there was a masked night at Genialistide Club. It was fun because I wore a full mask and no one could recognize me and it got them real confused. Some how I didn't get many decent photos from that night. But the night was decent with interesting act including a humorous electro producer who is blind.


The sad part was the equipment once I got to play. The video gives quite a good sample of the horrific pops and crackles that it shot. Not to mention the lack of bpm count and what not. I squeezed what I could out of it and I got a message this morning saying that it was decent. I'd have to send mad props to the people on the dance floor as they took the half an hour of horrific noise and shit that the machine generated. Most of crowds would have left, but not these party people.

Only good photo I got from the party is of this girl feeling bad.

That's what we did with the weekend which isn't even over yet. I'm going to get working on the EP tracks and see you soon at Tallinn.
Barthol