Don't you wish that your parties would be just like in the movies sometimes? People in strange costumes, beautiful girls, tons of drugs and the occasional drop of blood in the night. Very often the best parts in the movies are the party scenes. I compiled my top ten of part scenes in movies. Enjoy them before you go out or the day after with a hangover.
1. Party Monster - there are more than one crazy parties in that movie. I recommend it if you haven't seen it. There's a party in the back of a truck, in the burger joint and in the hospital just to name few. By the end of it seeing men in high heels doesn't feel weird. I love Seth Green especially what he's doing on Robot Chicken.
2. Skins - I love that series. It is very beautifully shot and it has crazy characters. Their main activities include sex, drugs and partying. The music there is always cool and it includes Crystal Castles, The Gossip and Foals. I was hooked when I first started watching it and the strange thing was that some of the plot resembled my book.
3. Donnie Darko - one of my favorite movies for a long time. It's the atmosphere, it could be a horror movie but instead it's fun and intelligent. Although it has the scariest rabbit. The halloween party there is like a dream - old music, slow motion and a sad end. It's the movie I've watched the most times. I like Donnie's skeleton with a hoody look, it's cool.
4. Blade - you can't compare this to the Twilight crap. They play baseball, while Blade has a party with a blood shower. No party is complete without sunglasses, girls kissing and a lot of ass kicking.
5. Justice - A Cross The Universe - the documentary about partying with a French touch. This movie is 50% partying and 50% riding in the tour bus. You get to see girls being lit on fire, smashing bottles over heads and the police of course. Tous comme il faut ;)
6. Berlin Calling - tells the tale of a Berlin techno Dj who has an overdose and ends up in a mental institute. It's somewhat depressing but it has the German techno vibe. I watched it on a Friday night when I was sick at home and it felt as if I had been to a party. The soundtrack is by Paul Kalkbrenner and it's really good.
7. Human Traffic - if you want a rave then 90s UK is the place to go. The movie has 40 minutes of partying at a rave and then an after party at a house. The characters are all fucked up in their own unique way. It has lots of British humor and hallucinations.
8. Better living through circuitry - this documentary takes you to the rave with Moby, Kraftwerk and Crystal Method. They talk about the culture, the parties and the music. "I was taking a nature walk with your mom and she asked me what we were called and I said Crystal Method." It has lots of original footage from way back the nineties - the decade of shallow optimism.
9. Liquid sky - an indie film from the early eighties. "Me! Me and my rhythmbox." Crazy music and a strange party which is also a fashion show. The film itself talks about an alien that kills people when they have an orgasm. It just sucks the endorphines from their brain. It's really something else and I recommend you watch it if you want to see something strange.
10. Get Him to the Greek - not as good as I hoped it would be but it has some crazy party moments fueled by coke, absinthe, alcohol, weed and something called a Jeffrie and ideas. See P.Diddy as the record company owner getting hit by a car.
This is my list and if you like parties I recommend you watch these movies. Tell us your favorites in the comments.
Come back soon because my new ep will be released in less than a week for free. Follow me on twitter for the fastest updates.