18/09/2009

One weekend - 3 performances


This weekend I was in Tallinn and I had three performances. The first one was at a new place in an old industrial complex. It used to be a room for band rehersals, but now it's being turned into a club thing. At least that was the plan.

We arrived in Tallinn at friday noon, we had slept 3 hours during the night and had partied hard before that. We cleaned up the place and connected the speakers Tõnis had recently bought. Everything was okay in the soundcheck. But the night climaxed with burned out speakers. Luckily it was Tõnis who blew them. I had tried to play before, but my laptop was really slow and everything gave me the "not responding" sign. It got better on saturday when I uninstalled AVG free.

The party on saturday was the biggest one, playing in polymer. I was somewhat hastily just thrown the line for my computer and so I got off to a rough start. Also some genius had disconnected the mic I had previously set up, so that I had to connect stuff during my performance. But 15 minutes into the gig the people were really starting to feel it. I popped a bottle of champagne and kept rocking my new keytar (it's on the photos aswell). It triggers samples and effects in Ableton live. Also I'll buy a Korg NanoKontrol midi controller soon.

Photos by Timo Toots

On sunday I was performing at a friends birthday. It took place at a site next to the airstrip. It's a little shed with a roof terrace and a big rock(bigger than the shed). There were several musicians present, including Algorytmid with who we did a back to back improvised live thing. The atmosphere was really nice and laidback. The airplanes were taking off just next to the party.