05/09/2009

Live performance + and -

Wednesday I had a live performance. It was in the annual Eclectica festival.
Before me there were Djs and a dubstep live.

The live was 15 minutes late because, I didn't have the microphone, which I had included in my technical rider previously, but it wasn't there. Also it took a lot of time to reconnect my laptop charger which had been disconnected and all the cables I needed. Luckily no problems with my laptop, which is faster with the new smaller harddrive inside and doesn't glitch while playing.

The live lasted 50 minutes and was rudely interupted by the following Dj, who just used the mixer to crossfade from my breakcorish song into his techno. Also throughout the perfmances there was a really drunk(high) guy trying to mc into a drum mic. Luckily you couldn't really hear him. During the first two songs the strap of my external keyboard broke twice and I had to lay it on the table instead. I used it to trigger samples and to add effects, filter and to change the tempo(Thank you ableton live). While playing, the Mc managed to kick my beer of the stage and I had to climb down to get it back(during the live :).

But the crowd was pleased, there were a lot of people that I had wanted to have as a crowd for a long time. It was a pleasure to have them there and to get the feedback afterwards. Including some musicians and dance students. Also some people who I didn't take as hardcore fans were grooving to it just infront of the stage.
The next day I had some messages asking me about the music and saying they enjoyed the night before.

I am working on improving my live and possibly I will drop the N0NStars and create a new one. I am covering my battle keyboard with glossy black vinyl, it will be quite a sight once finished.